One of the most strategic, yet often overlooked, advantages of the cloud is more streamlined, lower-cost application development. Standardized cloud application development and production environments reduce the amount of code needed for new applications while dramatically shortening time to market. Cloud application development requires deep expertise in common cloud solution components, loosely-coupled services, and distributed architecture.
An application development engagement addresses questions including:
• What is different about cloud native development and what are the performance and cost advantages?
• What does it mean to build four-nines applications on three-nines infrastructure?
• What are the proven application frameworks for common cloud workloads?
• How do you build mission critical numerical processing intensive applications?
• How do you build high throughput, high concurrency applications?
• How do you transform existing applications to SaaS?
• How do you rapidly launch secure, HIPAA and PCI compliant, hybrid, mobile and big data applications?
• What is different about testing and supporting cloud applications?
Application Development for a Global BankWe developed a cloud transaction mechanism that reduced a global investment bank’s cash reconciliation costs by tens of millions of U.S. dollars per year.
Cloud Development Platform for an Insurance ProviderWe created the application migration decision framework, PaaS reference architecture and cloud adoption strategy that enabled a global insurance provider to leverage cloud-based application development in Azure.