Secure data, mitigate risks, enhance disaster recovery and improve compliance.
No business or IT executive can afford to overlook the critical risks posed by an inadequate understanding of security and governance, as well as understand what operational procedures that should be in place. In fact, when considering cloud computing many organizations neglect the need for healthy operational processes, but these procedures should be built into most cloud computing implementations.
A sound security and governance plan is essential for maximizing the value of a cloud implementation and should be part of any comprehensive cloud strategy. This includes understanding how to place policy-driven governance solutions around resources, such as private and public clouds, or services or APIs that provide access to critical cloud-based services.
We provide a deep understanding of the complexities of building and operating enterprise clouds and recognize that every cloud implementation – not just those in financial services or healthcare verticals – brings with it unique security and operational considerations and challenges. We understand that governance is a fundamental approach involving people, processes, and technology that requires a great deal of advanced planning, and proper utilization of the right solutions.
A cloud operations, security and governance engagement addresses questions including:
• How do you best incorporate security and regulatory considerations into your cloud environment, including how to identify and manage risk?
• What changes should occur in operations, including procedures and tooling?
• What are the best strategies for risk mitigation and data protection for your organization, including working from your core requirements to the right models, and then the right technology?
• How can the cloud be used to reduce the costs and increase the resiliency of your disaster recovery and business continuity planning, and what are the steps to making this a reality?
• What metrics do you leverage to understand operational effectiveness?
• What are the steps to creating the right governance model for your enterprise, and the proper use of governance technology?
• What are the difference and proper use of service governance solutions, and cloud management platforms for more holistic applications?
• How do security and governance solutions work together?
• What skills are required to ensure success around operations?