The tsunami of technology disruption is far from over. The public cloud is disrupting the global IT industry, similar to how Uber and Airbnb re-invented the taxi and hotel industries. The disruption brings new norms of doing things and a paradigm shift towards automation of everything. This paradigm shift can drastically reduce and, in some cases, eliminate long-standing job functions in IT. While certain job functions will be eliminated, the people performing these functions still hold great value to the enterprise. Learn how you can take control of your career so you are not left behind in the journey.
Onstage at AWS re:Invent 2018, Robert Christiansen discussed how you can take control of your career, before you’re automated out of existence. In his presentation, you will learn:
- The “people”, or soft skills required to take your career to the next level
- The impact automation will have on your job today, and in the future
- Where the market is headed and how to uncover the opportunities
- Top Roles of 2018 – [SPOILER ALERT: 13 of the top 24 roles on LinkedIn are related to working in the cloud]
- The skill zones and roles where you and your team should be focused
- Actions to take moving forward