Vanguard CTO Jeff Dowds, joined by CTP’s Robert Christiansen and Mike Kavis, shares his top 5 lessons learned from Vanguard’s journey to AWS at re:Invent 2017.
2 years ago, Jeff Dowds and his team made the decision to pivot from their private cloud strategy to public cloud. Vanguard chose CTP as their partner for this journey to help leverage AWS to delight customers, drive new revenue streams, and transform their business.
Dowds highlights the five key lessons Vanguard learned through this journey:
- Dedicate a team to own the transformation
- Ensure you have buy-in and shared priorities on your team
- DevOps is essential, but more than automation
- Running in the cloud requires a new operating model
- Use cloud-friendly tooling, not your old tools
Want to learn more about Vanguard’s journey to AWS? Listen to Jeff Dowds tell the story.